Six Miners Died in an Incident in Georgia
Six miners have died, and three have been injured in collapsing in a coal mine in West Georgia, the BBC said, citing the Georgian Ministry of the Interior.
The incident took place at the Mindeel mine in Tibouli, 200 km west of the capital Tbilisi. Since 2011, ten miners have died in similar incidents. In a statement by Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili , the cause of the incident is a sudden rock drop, which is a frequent phenomenon in deep mines. The prime minister also said that "an investigation has been started as to whether the safety rules have been violated" in the mine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Disco on the Northern Beach in Burgas Burned Down
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » In Northwestern Bulgaria: A Woman Died while waiting 35 Minutes for an Ambulance
- » The State Sent a Plane to transport the Bulgarian Beaten in North Macedonia for treatment in Bulgaria
- » Another Provocation: The Secretary of the Bulgarian Cultural Club in North Macedonia has been Beaten