Six Miners Died in an Incident in Georgia
Six miners have died, and three have been injured in collapsing in a coal mine in West Georgia, the BBC said, citing the Georgian Ministry of the Interior.
The incident took place at the Mindeel mine in Tibouli, 200 km west of the capital Tbilisi. Since 2011, ten miners have died in similar incidents. In a statement by Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili , the cause of the incident is a sudden rock drop, which is a frequent phenomenon in deep mines. The prime minister also said that "an investigation has been started as to whether the safety rules have been violated" in the mine.
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan
- » Public Bus Fell into a Huge Hole in China, at least 6 People are Killed (PHOTOS)
- » Powerful Explosion in a Residential Building in Varna Killed Two People
- » The Severe Weather in Afghanistan and Pakistan Killed at least 43 People
- » Avalanche Killed Two People and Injured Three others in the United States