Six Miners Died in an Incident in Georgia
Six miners have died, and three have been injured in collapsing in a coal mine in West Georgia, the BBC said, citing the Georgian Ministry of the Interior.
The incident took place at the Mindeel mine in Tibouli, 200 km west of the capital Tbilisi. Since 2011, ten miners have died in similar incidents. In a statement by Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili , the cause of the incident is a sudden rock drop, which is a frequent phenomenon in deep mines. The prime minister also said that "an investigation has been started as to whether the safety rules have been violated" in the mine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris
- » Bulgarian TV Crew Attacked in Serbia
- » Fire in the Train Sofia - Burgas, Passengers were Evacuated near Aytos
- » A Car Crashed into Crowd of People in Berlin, One Person was Killed
- » Bulgaria: 3 Dead after a Train hit a Truck in the Vidin region (UPDATED)
- » Macedonian Singer living in the US was the one who Set on Fire Bulgaria’s Cultural Center in Bitola