More than 450,000 Tourists are Expected to Visit Bulgaria during the Easter Holidays
During the Easter holidays more than 450 000 tourists are expected to visit different regions in Bulgaria, tourism minister Nikolina Angelkova predicted in Kardzhali.
She participated in a Round Table entitled "Prospects for the Development of Cultural and Historical Tourism" at the invitation of the local structure of KRIB.
According to Angelkova, Kardzhali is an indispensable part of the destination "The Magic of the Eastern Rhodopes". "Not only Perperikon, which has become internationally known, but also all the other sites we have included in this destination, have increased their visits," Angelkova said.
She stressed that, on the basis of what has already been achieved, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, the creation of wine-culinary routes under the project "Share Bulgaria" was discussed.
According to Angelkova, after the Easter holidays the amendments to the Tourism Act will be finalized, together with some regulations. "There is a change in the regulation on categorization and re-categorization of accommodation and meals. Overall, the direction is to ease the regime and increase the requirements to the higher category of establishments, "said the Minister of Tourism.
When asked about seasonal workers from abroad during the summer tourist season on the Black Sea coast, she said that last year there were over 4000 seasonal workers from Moldova, Belarus, Thailand, including the Philippines, and for this holiday season the forecast is that they would increase to 6000.
- » Over 7,800 Seasonal Workers from non-EU Countries have Worked in Bulgarian Tourism in 2018
- » Over 340,000 Tourists From Great Britain have Visited Bulgaria Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service: Mountain Travellers Should Start Using Winter Gear
- » Nine Bulgarian Municipalities will Present their Tourism Potential at a Meeting between Businesses and State
- » Turkey Opens World's Largest Airport (Video)
- » Bulgarian Trips Abroad Increase 11% YoY in September 2018