Maundy Thursday Today – Holy Week’s Most Important Day
Maundy Thursday is related to the Last Supper and the Holy Communion. After supper Christ took a loaf of bread, blessed it and handed it to his disciples, saying: ‘This is my body’. Then he raised his cup of whine and said: ‘This is my blood of the everlasting covenant, which is poured for many.’
After the Communion Christ foresaw that he would be betrayed by one of the disciples. Today is also the first day before Easter, when eggs are dyed according to the Bulgarian tradition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Quarter of Bulgarians are ready to Emigrate
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 38 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days
- » Bulgaria is among the EU countries with the Highest Household Expenditure on Food and Soft Drinks
- » Survey: Every Fifth Bulgarian has been in the Car with a Drunk Driver
- » Ukrainians with Temporary Protection will be able to Stay in Bulgaria until March 4, 2024