Putin Says Daesh Remains Global Danger Despite Military Defeat
Despite the successful counter-terrorism mission in Syria and Iraq, the Daesh* terrorist group is still capable of conducting raids in different regions throughout the world, and in order to confront it, we need to think about new forms of international cooperation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, Sputnik reported.
"Despite its military defeat, the terrorist group Daesh retains a significant destructive potential, the ability to quickly change tactics and conduct sorties in various countries and regions throughout the world. Other extremist structures also pose a great danger," Russian President Vladimir Putin said in his greeting to participants of the Moscow Conference on International Security.
Given these conditions, Putin believes, "it is necessary to think together about new forms of multilateral cooperation that would allow us to consolidate the gains made in the fight against terrorism and to prevent the further spread of this threat."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russian Foreign Minister: Our Patience is Running Out
- » US-Russia talks: Serious, Useful, Difficult, but No One Backed Down
- » Russia will take Fingerprints of all Foreigners and Test them for HIV
- » Mandatory Vaccination in Russia
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours