Putin Says Daesh Remains Global Danger Despite Military Defeat
Despite the successful counter-terrorism mission in Syria and Iraq, the Daesh* terrorist group is still capable of conducting raids in different regions throughout the world, and in order to confront it, we need to think about new forms of international cooperation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, Sputnik reported.
"Despite its military defeat, the terrorist group Daesh retains a significant destructive potential, the ability to quickly change tactics and conduct sorties in various countries and regions throughout the world. Other extremist structures also pose a great danger," Russian President Vladimir Putin said in his greeting to participants of the Moscow Conference on International Security.
Given these conditions, Putin believes, "it is necessary to think together about new forms of multilateral cooperation that would allow us to consolidate the gains made in the fight against terrorism and to prevent the further spread of this threat."
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
- » Russia Holds Drills in Black Sea Region Amid Ukraine Tensions
- » Russia Deploys New Laser Weapon
- » Russian Cops Put Out Fire With Snowballs
- » Russian Dies After His Explosive Device Detonates Inside FSB Building