Putin Says Daesh Remains Global Danger Despite Military Defeat
Despite the successful counter-terrorism mission in Syria and Iraq, the Daesh* terrorist group is still capable of conducting raids in different regions throughout the world, and in order to confront it, we need to think about new forms of international cooperation, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, Sputnik reported.
"Despite its military defeat, the terrorist group Daesh retains a significant destructive potential, the ability to quickly change tactics and conduct sorties in various countries and regions throughout the world. Other extremist structures also pose a great danger," Russian President Vladimir Putin said in his greeting to participants of the Moscow Conference on International Security.
Given these conditions, Putin believes, "it is necessary to think together about new forms of multilateral cooperation that would allow us to consolidate the gains made in the fight against terrorism and to prevent the further spread of this threat."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia