A New Fire in a Russian Mall, this time in Moscow
At least one man has died and three are injured after a fire broke out at the Perseus for Children's shopping center in Beijing, TASS reported. At least 300 people were evacuated from the mall. Among the victims are citizens and three firefighters who are gagging. The victim is an employee of the site. According to the initial data, flames have left a warehouse on the fourth floor of the complex.
According to Interfax, on-site firefighters and police officers have brought about 300 people from the mall. RIA "Novosti" claims that the flames were eventually extinguished on the whole area of 80 sq.m. TASC cites a source from the emergency services, according to which extinguishing has been severely hampered by the way the premises in the mall are built. "Persey for Kids" has been working since 2009. Furniture, clothing, shoes, children's colic, books, toys are sold there. On the top floor, where the fire broke out, is a children's club.
Today's fire broke out two weeks after the tragedy in Kemerovo in Siberia. There the flames in the Zimnaya Vishnja mall took away the lives of 64 people, 41 of whom - children. The incident has prompted protests, resignations, and serious comments on the quality of construction and maintenance of shopping centers throughout Russia.
- » An Explosion in an Apartment Building Injured 25 Germans
- » A Bus with Children Crashed near Yambol
- » A Bomb Exploded near a NATO Base in Afghanistan, Injuring 48 People
- » 38 People Injured in Road Accidents for the Past 24 Hours
- » Five People Were Killed and Many are still Missing after the New Zealand Volcano Eruption
- » A Gas Explosion in an Apartment Building Killed Seven People in Slovakia