Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
(CNN) - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, the South African anti-apartheid campaigner and former wife of the late President Nelson Mandela, has died at age 81.
"She kept the memory of her imprisoned husband Nelson Mandela alive during his years on Robben Island and helped give the struggle for justice in South Africa one of its most recognizable faces," the statement said.
On Monday, Ramaphosa praised Madikizela-Mandela as "an advocate for the dispossessed and the marginalized" and "a voice for the voiceless."
A memorial service for Mandela will be held April 11 and an "official national" funeral will be April 14, Ramaphosa said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Tragedy in Belitsa - a Whole Family of Medics Died from COVID-19
- » Day of Mourning: Bulgaria's City Belitsa Honors the Memory of the Two Deceased Doctors
- » Bulgaria: Woman Dies After Being Hit by Tram in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Deputy Director of Pazardzhik Police Dies of COVID-19 Infection
- » Bulgarian Wrestler Nikolay Shterev, Infected with COVID-19, Dies at 33
- » Naya Rivera, Former "Glee" Actress, Found Drowned But Managed to Save Her 4-Year-Old Son