Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
(CNN) - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, the South African anti-apartheid campaigner and former wife of the late President Nelson Mandela, has died at age 81.
"She kept the memory of her imprisoned husband Nelson Mandela alive during his years on Robben Island and helped give the struggle for justice in South Africa one of its most recognizable faces," the statement said.
On Monday, Ramaphosa praised Madikizela-Mandela as "an advocate for the dispossessed and the marginalized" and "a voice for the voiceless."
A memorial service for Mandela will be held April 11 and an "official national" funeral will be April 14, Ramaphosa said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis