Germany Introduces Military Uniforms for Pregnant Women
Military uniforms that can be worn throughout pregnancy are being sewn in Germany.
The order is part of the Bundeswehr's program as an employer to give equal opportunities to soldiers. This was announced by the Minister of Defense, Ursula von der Lynn.
500 uniforms of different sizes and combinations are being sewn - from combat clothing to business and wedges. Approximately 80 uniforms have been tested and evaluated, costing around 650,000 euros.
All criteria for good appearance, comfort and ventilation are met. About 2 percent of the twenty thousand serving women in the German armed forces are pregnant at a given time of the year.
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China
- » Nobel Peace Prize: Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad Win Award