Germany Introduces Military Uniforms for Pregnant Women
Military uniforms that can be worn throughout pregnancy are being sewn in Germany.
The order is part of the Bundeswehr's program as an employer to give equal opportunities to soldiers. This was announced by the Minister of Defense, Ursula von der Lynn.
500 uniforms of different sizes and combinations are being sewn - from combat clothing to business and wedges. Approximately 80 uniforms have been tested and evaluated, costing around 650,000 euros.
All criteria for good appearance, comfort and ventilation are met. About 2 percent of the twenty thousand serving women in the German armed forces are pregnant at a given time of the year.
- » India: Newborn Survives after it Was Buried Alive in a Clay Pot for Three Days
- » Syrian Kurdish Forces Have Regained Control of the City of Ras al-Ain
- » Michel Barnier: Reaching a Deal with UK - Still Possible
- » Turkey: The Military Operation will Continue until Terrorists Are Eliminated
- » Nepal and China Will Measure the Exact Height of Mount Everest
- » Typhoon Hagibis Death Toll Rises to 70