Nearly 4.6 million Adult Bulgarians Are Identified as Eastern Orthodox
Nearly 4.6 million adult Bulgarians (of about 5.5 million adult Bulgarians in Bulgaria) are identified as Eastern Orthodox and 500 thousand - as Muslims. Nearly 3.2 million adult Bulgarians claim to believe in God, and 2.8 million identify themselves as true religious.
The data is from the nationally representative survey Political and Economic Index of Gallup International, which has been examining for the past 26 years every month the main indicators in Bulgarian society.
Worldwide, 62% of people around the world are defined as religious, 25% are defined as non-religious, 9% choose the atheist option, and others can not answer. 58% say in us that they believe in God, and that's about 3.2 million people. In the world, they are 71%. All of this puts Bulgaria below average levels of religiosity on a global scale.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of Organ Transplant Procedures in Bulgaria
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » Face Masks Now Mandatory at Outdoor Areas in Paris
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Protesters in Sofia Lifted One Blockade
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended