Nearly 4.6 million Adult Bulgarians Are Identified as Eastern Orthodox
Nearly 4.6 million adult Bulgarians (of about 5.5 million adult Bulgarians in Bulgaria) are identified as Eastern Orthodox and 500 thousand - as Muslims. Nearly 3.2 million adult Bulgarians claim to believe in God, and 2.8 million identify themselves as true religious.
The data is from the nationally representative survey Political and Economic Index of Gallup International, which has been examining for the past 26 years every month the main indicators in Bulgarian society.
Worldwide, 62% of people around the world are defined as religious, 25% are defined as non-religious, 9% choose the atheist option, and others can not answer. 58% say in us that they believe in God, and that's about 3.2 million people. In the world, they are 71%. All of this puts Bulgaria below average levels of religiosity on a global scale.
- » More than 140,000 People Died from Measles Globally Last Year
- » More than 75% of Households Have Internet Access
- » FAO: Jump in Global Food Prices
- » Germans to Open IT Hub in Sofia
- » Gas Explosion in a Residential Building in Slovakia, there Are Casualties
- » Death Toll from a Migrant Boat Capsizing Off Mauritania Rises to 63