Nearly 4.6 million Adult Bulgarians Are Identified as Eastern Orthodox
Nearly 4.6 million adult Bulgarians (of about 5.5 million adult Bulgarians in Bulgaria) are identified as Eastern Orthodox and 500 thousand - as Muslims. Nearly 3.2 million adult Bulgarians claim to believe in God, and 2.8 million identify themselves as true religious.
The data is from the nationally representative survey Political and Economic Index of Gallup International, which has been examining for the past 26 years every month the main indicators in Bulgarian society.
Worldwide, 62% of people around the world are defined as religious, 25% are defined as non-religious, 9% choose the atheist option, and others can not answer. 58% say in us that they believe in God, and that's about 3.2 million people. In the world, they are 71%. All of this puts Bulgaria below average levels of religiosity on a global scale.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2668 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 41 New Cases
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria - June 6th
- » Big Number of Coronavirus Infections in North Macedonia and Serbia
- » Worldwide Record - Last Month Was the Hottest May
- » Protests Against Children's Sexual Harassement in Albania
- » 1,690 Decares of Forests in Bulgaria Are Placed Under Protection