China Imposes New Taxes on Imported US Meat and Fruit
China said it imposed new customs taxes on US meat, fruit and other products as a retaliatory measure for Donald Trump's taxes on imports of steel and aluminum, AP said.
The Chinese finance ministry said the new customs taxes will take effect today.
The statement was made following the warnings made by Chinese authorities in recent weeks in an aggravating trade dispute with the United States.
China has increased its import duty by 25% on eight US imports, including pork, and imposed a new 15 percent duty on 120 US-imported goods including fruit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy