NASA Showed a Galaxy at 130 Million Light-years from Earth
US Space Agency NASA published a photo of spiral galaxy NGC 5714 in the Volovar constellation. It is about 130 million light-years from our planet.
The image of NGC 5714 is made with the Hubble Space Telescope with the ACS camera.
Because of the location of the galaxy it looks absolutely flat. From this angle, the spiral structure of NGC 5714 is not visible, but the blue color of the periphery and the bright central part is evident.
It was in this galaxy that in 2003 the supernova SN 2003dr exploded, with a significant amount of calcium in its spectrum.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine