Arab League to Hold Emergency Meeting on Palestine
The Arab League will hold an emergency meeting Tuesday on Israeli deadly attacks against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, league official said Monday, Anadolu Agency reported.
Saeed Abu Ali, assistant secretary-general for Palestine and the occupied Arab territories of the League States, said Saudi Arabia would chair the representative-level meeting that would be held at the request of the Palestinian Authority.
Palestine urged the Arab League on Sunday to hold the meeting because of "Israeli crimes against Land Marches", that nation’s ambassador to Cairo told Anadolu Agency.
Diab al-Louh said his country submitted a memorandum to the Arab League to hold the meeting at the level of permanent representatives because of Israel’s crimes and deadly force against peaceful demonstrators during Land Day protests Friday.
The Arab League said it closely followed developments that resulted in 17 Palestinians being martyred at the Gaza border. The group also demanded the international community fulfill its responsibility to stop Israeli violations and establish an inquiry commission. In addition to the martyrs, the attacks injured nearly 1,500 victims.
Tens of thousands of demonstrators converged Friday on the Gaza Strip’s 45-kilometer-long (28-mile) eastern border with Israel to demand their right to return to their ancestral homes in historical Palestine.
In anticipation of the mass demonstrations, Israel deployed thousands of troops along the border.
Dubbed the “Great March of Return,” the protests also intended to pressure Israel to lift its more than decade-long blockade of Gaza.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk
- » Biden on the Abolition of Abortion Rights in the US: A Tragic Mistake