Euobserver: Germany Eyes First Federal Migrant Repatriation Centre
Germany is set to create its first federal migrant repatriation centre over the summer, reports EUobserver.
State secretary Stephan Mayer told the newspaper that the centre was a top priority for the new government. The centre is likely to be built in Bavaria or in Hessen. The aim is to speed up returns of people whose asylum requests have been rejected.
- » UK and EU 'Agree Text' of Draft Withdrawal Agreement
- » No-deal Brexit Plan ‘Will Include New Border in Irish Sea’
- » German Manfred Weber Secures EPP Backing for Commission Top Job
- » Only 19 of 751 MEPs Еnrol For Anti-Harassment Course
- » European People’s Party to Vote For Potential 2019 Successor to the Current Commission President
- » Emmanuel Macron Calls for Creation of a ‘True European Army’ to Defend Against Russia and the US