The Price of Natural Gas Rises by 2.6% from April 1
Natural gas, which Bulgargaz sells to final suppliers and customers, will be increased by 2.6% as of April 1, the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission decided. The price for the second quarter of the year will be BGN 361.82 per 1000 cubic meters or 34.04 BGN / MWh (excluding excise duty and VAT).
The value is determined on the basis of the submitted data and documents and after calculations according to the applied price model, explained by the Commission.
Bulgaraz asked to sell the blue fuel with 4.82% increase in price in the second quarter of the year. However, at the beginning of the week it became clear that the KEVR would not comply with the request and would impose a smaller increase of 2.6 per cent. The reason for this is that the company earned more that it should in 2017 from fuel prices.
The Working Group of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission found that in 2017 Bulgargaz had realized revenues of BGN 5 284 583 more because of the fact that the gas price had exceeded the actual costs incurred.
- » Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)
- » Agreements For Financing the Gas Connection Bulgaria - Greece Are Signed
- » Belene NPP Project to Be Licensed by the End of the Year
- » The Sixth Unit of Kozloduy NPP Will Receive a License for another 10 Years