Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
The Republic of Macedonia will build, reconstruct and renovate 60 routes with a total length of 800 km. A total of 270 million euros are provided for this purpose. This was announced by Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, who presented the government's strategy and plans for building the road infrastructure.
"This year will be completed the road sections Demir Kapia - Smokvitsa and Miladinovi - Stip, with plans to start construction of three high-speed roads," said Macedonian Prime Minister. "We are talking about long-term infrastructure projects," Zaev said.
"This is the largest program with the highest number of projects to improve the quality of road infrastructure in the country, and in fact all of Macedonia will be a big building site," said Transport Minister Goran Sugareski.
The money for the new roads is provided by both the budget and loans from international institutions.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity