Strong Earthquake in Taiwan, no Evidence of Injuries and Damages
An earthquake of magnitude 4.8 is recorded this morning in central Taiwan.
According to the seismological service of the island, quoted by TASS, the epicenter was in Nantou County at a depth of 5.2 km.
The tremor was also felt in the cities of Taichung and the Zhanghua and Yunlin districts. There is no evidence of injuries or damages.
Taiwan is located in an active seismic zone not far from a large tectonic fault at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. In early February, in a powerful earthquake of magnitude 6 in the eastern district of Hualian, 17 people died and more than 280 were injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2019 - One of The Three Warmest Years in History
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm