Strong Earthquake in Taiwan, no Evidence of Injuries and Damages
An earthquake of magnitude 4.8 is recorded this morning in central Taiwan.
According to the seismological service of the island, quoted by TASS, the epicenter was in Nantou County at a depth of 5.2 km.
The tremor was also felt in the cities of Taichung and the Zhanghua and Yunlin districts. There is no evidence of injuries or damages.
Taiwan is located in an active seismic zone not far from a large tectonic fault at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. In early February, in a powerful earthquake of magnitude 6 in the eastern district of Hualian, 17 people died and more than 280 were injured.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria