Strong Earthquake in Taiwan, no Evidence of Injuries and Damages
An earthquake of magnitude 4.8 is recorded this morning in central Taiwan.
According to the seismological service of the island, quoted by TASS, the epicenter was in Nantou County at a depth of 5.2 km.
The tremor was also felt in the cities of Taichung and the Zhanghua and Yunlin districts. There is no evidence of injuries or damages.
Taiwan is located in an active seismic zone not far from a large tectonic fault at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. In early February, in a powerful earthquake of magnitude 6 in the eastern district of Hualian, 17 people died and more than 280 were injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for significant Thunderstorms and Hail Conditions in 5 areas