Two Planes Collided at an Airport in Israel
A German plane has collided this morning with an Israeli machine on the runway at Ben Gurion Airport. The incident has caused material damage, but no injuries, the Israeli authorities said, quoted by Associated Press.
A spokesman for the Israeli airport administration said early this morning that Germany's airline flight, which was due to fly to Berlin, had struck the tail of an Israeli air carrier El Al, having Rome as destination.
In his words, "heavy material damage was caused, mainly on the German plane," but there was "no danger" to the passengers and they were taken on alternative flights.
The incident, which is rare, is being investigated, said Océ Leffler.
- » Blast in Germany: Dozens of People Have Been Blocked Underground, there Are Injured
- » At Least Five Killed in an Earthquake in Iran, Many Are Injured
- » London Piccadilly Theatre Ceiling Collapsed during a Performance (VIDEO)
- » 15 People Were Killed in an Attack in Thailand
- » Severe Bus Accident in France, over 30 Injured
- » At Least 65 People Died in a Train Fire in Pakistan