Germany gave Approval for North Stream 2
German authorities have endorsed the construction of the new gas pipeline from Russia to the bottom of the Baltic Sea North Stream 2, Turkish Daily Sabah writes, quoted by Focus.
The Federal Agency for Maritime Navigation and Hydrography has given its approval after examining the commercial significance and impact of North Stream 2 on the environment, a statement from the Agency said.
On the German territory, it is 85 kilometers from the pipeline. The approval of Russia, Finland, Denmark and Sweden is still expected.
The project remains controversial both in Germany itself and in the European Union. Poland and the Baltic countries fear that it will boost Russia's influence over the Union.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Pipeline Has Exploded - No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget