Croatian Diplomat: Bulgaria is a Significant Player on the Balkans
Former Croatian Foreign Minister and current MEP Tonino Picula believes that "Bulgaria can be a significant mediator" in the negotiations for the accession of the countries of the Western Balkans to the European Union (EU).
"Without giving false hope, Bulgaria focuses on improving regional cooperation and good relations with neighbors, including issues related to the development of transport and energy infrastructure, communications and education," he said.
"Bulgaria can be a significant mediator in the negotiations between the countries of the Western Balkans and the EU, given its commitment to the enlargement policy and to the European integration," Croatia's former diplomat Number 1 writes.
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels
- » 500 Terminals for e-vignettes will Operate Across Bulgaria from 2019
- » Bulgaria: BNT is not Planning a Junior Eurovision Return in 2019
- » EU Parliament Approves €34 Million in Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President: The EU will be Successful only if it Represents the Success of all its Member States