Croatian Diplomat: Bulgaria is a Significant Player on the Balkans
Former Croatian Foreign Minister and current MEP Tonino Picula believes that "Bulgaria can be a significant mediator" in the negotiations for the accession of the countries of the Western Balkans to the European Union (EU).
"Without giving false hope, Bulgaria focuses on improving regional cooperation and good relations with neighbors, including issues related to the development of transport and energy infrastructure, communications and education," he said.
"Bulgaria can be a significant mediator in the negotiations between the countries of the Western Balkans and the EU, given its commitment to the enlargement policy and to the European integration," Croatia's former diplomat Number 1 writes.
- » GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria Entered a Schengen Mode for the Eurozone Too
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid
- » Bulgaria's Path towards ERM II Participation
- » European Parliament and Commission Divided on National Parks in Bulgaria
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva: The Netherlands and France do not Let Bulgaria in the Schengen Zone