In Eight Years, Almost Half of the Teachers will be Retired
After 8 years, almost half of all teachers in Bulgaria will be retired. This is the data of the Syndicate of Bulgarian Teachers, said its chairman Yanka Takeva.
"Today, 93,000 teachers work in the Bulgarian education system, but 39,000 will retire after 8 years. A large number of the best students do not want to complete higher education and become teachers, this is one of the big problems, the selection and the way we have to motivate young people to be able to complete and take up the teaching profession, "she said. 85,000 of teachers have a master's degree, and 12% of them have a second higher education.
According to Takeva, universities are preparing about 20,000 students. "Of these, 50% will enter the education system, so there is a large deficit in the Bulgarian education system and it the ways to motivate young people to sustain the education system," Takeva explained.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program