International Theater Day
Today we mark the International Theater Day.
The date March 27 was elected in 1961 at the 19th Congress of the International Theater Institute at UNESCO, and was associated with the opening of the 1962 Nationale Theater in Paris.
Author of the first message for the Day of Theater in 1962 is the great French artist Jean Cocteau - poet, writer, designer, artist, sculptor, screenwriter, actor and director. Since then, every year on the International Theater Day, a world-famous personality has given all art fans their reflections on theater and life on and off the stage. The message is read before performances in hundreds of theaters around the world and is disseminated through the media.
The International Theater Day is celebrated with a number of cultural events and theater events.
Today, at 19:00, the official ceremony for the IKAR awards will be held at the Ivan Vazov National Theater. In the year of the first Bulgarian Euro-Presidency, the IKAR National Awards are held under the motto of the European Union "United in Diversity".
For 44 years on this day, the Union of Bulgarian Artists has organized the IKAR awards. The awards are presented at the Sofia Theater Salon, which is part of the Cultural Events Calendar of Sofia Municipality.
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights
- » The World Famous Italian Musician Eros Ramazzotti with One Unique Concert in Bulgaria
- » Тhe American Superstar Lenny Kravitz is Coming to Bulgaria for One Amazing Show!
- » Bulgaria Joins Oscar Race with 'Omnipresent'
- » Ministry of Culture to Inspect State of Buildings Declared Immovable Cultural Heritage in Sofia City Centre
- » MOOD FOR FOOD STREET FESTIVAL - PLOVDIV 14-16 SEPTEMBER 2018