International Theater Day
Today we mark the International Theater Day.
The date March 27 was elected in 1961 at the 19th Congress of the International Theater Institute at UNESCO, and was associated with the opening of the 1962 Nationale Theater in Paris.
Author of the first message for the Day of Theater in 1962 is the great French artist Jean Cocteau - poet, writer, designer, artist, sculptor, screenwriter, actor and director. Since then, every year on the International Theater Day, a world-famous personality has given all art fans their reflections on theater and life on and off the stage. The message is read before performances in hundreds of theaters around the world and is disseminated through the media.
The International Theater Day is celebrated with a number of cultural events and theater events.
Today, at 19:00, the official ceremony for the IKAR awards will be held at the Ivan Vazov National Theater. In the year of the first Bulgarian Euro-Presidency, the IKAR National Awards are held under the motto of the European Union "United in Diversity".
For 44 years on this day, the Union of Bulgarian Artists has organized the IKAR awards. The awards are presented at the Sofia Theater Salon, which is part of the Cultural Events Calendar of Sofia Municipality.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Holy Brothers Cyril and Methodius
- » Bulgarian PM attended a Pilgrimage to the Relics of St. Cyril in Rome
- » The Bulgarian Cyrillic Initiative Launches
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. George's Day
- » Bulgarian President congratulated the Muslim community in Bulgaria on Eid Mubarak
- » Bulgarian PM for 146 years since the April Uprising: The most Important thing is Unity