Greek Media For the EU-Turkey Meeting in Varna
Greece is satisfied with the EU's position on issues important for Athens that were put to the meeting in Varna. MEPs commented to TV broadcasters that Varna has opened a new path in relations with Turkey. All Greek media note the activity of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency and specifically of the Bulgarian Prime Minister on issues affecting the Balkan countries. Borissov plays a key role in the EU's policy for the Western Balkans, the Ekatermeri newspaper reports in a detailed commentary.
The central TV broadcasters in Greece also commented the meeting. The commentators in the studio have shown distrust of Ankara that they will meet the commitments made at the meeting.
Greek diplomacy has been able to put Erdogan's agenda on the tensions in the Aegean, the refugee crisis, Turkey's claims on several Greek islands and the main issue - the release of Greek border guards.
Greek media are only guessing because they have no official information that specific agreements have been reached on the fight against terrorism and the development of energy.
The organization, conduct and themes discussed in Varna, even without Erdogan's specificity, is undoubtedly a great success for the European Union - that was the statement of the commentators in the television media.
- » European Council Adopts 2019 Catch Limits for Black Sea Fisheries of Bulgaria and Romania
- » Bulgarian Women are Last in Europe in Terms of Participation and Skills in the Digital Sector
- » The EP Will Vote on a Resolution on the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » MEP: It Would be Wise to End Clock Change in 2020
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria
- » 113 Bulgarian Municipalities will Receive Vouchers for Free Internet from the EU