Acid Attack in Sofia, The Woman is in Hospital with Danger to her Life
The condition of the 35-year-old woman, who was splashed with acid, is life-threatening, bTV reports, referring to information from Pirogov. " She is hospitalized with 24% burns on her head, neck and hands.
The victim was attacked on the Alexander Stamboliiski boulevard, near the junction with Konstantin Velichkov late last night.
A secondary assessment is yet to be made to clarify when she will be operated, Maya Argirova, boss of the Burns Clinic, told bTV. The victim will enter the operating room after stabilization of her indicators and after further consultations.
Perhaps at the time of the attack the woman left her workplace. However, there is still no information about the cause and the identity of the attacker. It is yet to be clarified what exactly was the used liquid.
The case is being investigated. The site was inspected and material evidence was seized, the Ministry of Interior announced. Pre-trial proceedings have been instituted, and actions are being taken to search the attacker, the police say.
Meanwhile, the man who was shot in front of the Simeonovsko shosse Blvd. is stabilized. Anton Lukov, Public Relations Expert, St. Anne - Sofia AD, told FOCUS News Agency. The man was shot in the thigh and arrived at the hospital with a severe femoral fracture and blood loss. At the moment he is stabilized and there is no direct danger to his life. The trauma is severe and he's going to have to go through several months of treatment.
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey
- » Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Who Went Missing in Maidstone Was Found Dead
- » Google and YouTube Fined for Collecting Data from Children Under 13