Poland Arrests Russian Agent while US Expels 60 Russian Diplomats
Polish counterintelligence AWB reported on arresting a Polish official on suspicion of working for Russian intelligence services.
"Marek V. has been in contact with agents from the Russian Special Services and sent them information on important investments for Poland," AWB spokesman Stanislav Zarin told Polish PAP. He added that the officer had been detained on Friday and threatened to imprison him for 10 years if his guilt was proven.
Marek V., who, according to local media, worked in the Ministry of Energy, gave the Russians information about the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, against which Poland strongly opposes. This gas pipeline, if implemented, will run along the bottom of the Baltic Sea and will bypass transit Poland and Ukraine.
The United States gave a week to 60 Russian diplomats to leave the country. France and Germany expel four Russian diplomats. They also gave them a week. Ukraine - 13. Poland also four.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad