Poland Arrests Russian Agent while US Expels 60 Russian Diplomats
Polish counterintelligence AWB reported on arresting a Polish official on suspicion of working for Russian intelligence services.
"Marek V. has been in contact with agents from the Russian Special Services and sent them information on important investments for Poland," AWB spokesman Stanislav Zarin told Polish PAP. He added that the officer had been detained on Friday and threatened to imprison him for 10 years if his guilt was proven.
Marek V., who, according to local media, worked in the Ministry of Energy, gave the Russians information about the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, against which Poland strongly opposes. This gas pipeline, if implemented, will run along the bottom of the Baltic Sea and will bypass transit Poland and Ukraine.
The United States gave a week to 60 Russian diplomats to leave the country. France and Germany expel four Russian diplomats. They also gave them a week. Ukraine - 13. Poland also four.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US announces New Foreign Military Financing to support Bulgarian Modernization and Regional Defense
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again