Earthquake of Magnitude 7 Strikes off Papua New Guinea
An earthquake of 7 magnitude struck off Papua New Guinea (PNG) on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage, reported Reuters.
The quake, the latest in a series in the region over recent days, struck 180 km west of the town of Rabaul, on New Britain island, at a shallow depth of 10 km, the USGS said.
There was no immediate tsunami warning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 7: Cloudy and Rainy Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea
- » Weather Today: Rainy Over Western Bulgaria, on the SeaCoast - Perfect for the Beach