Earthquake of Magnitude 7 Strikes off Papua New Guinea
An earthquake of 7 magnitude struck off Papua New Guinea (PNG) on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties or damage, reported Reuters.
The quake, the latest in a series in the region over recent days, struck 180 km west of the town of Rabaul, on New Britain island, at a shallow depth of 10 km, the USGS said.
There was no immediate tsunami warning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue in some areas of the Country, Snow in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 9°C and 14°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C