The Police Revealed a Group Involved in Property Fraud in Sofia
A group that has been involved in property fraud has been busted, Nova TV reported. This was made clear at a joint press conference of the director of GDBOP Chiefs Commissioner Ivaylo Spiridonov and the administrative head of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office Ivan Geshev.
Five people are involved in the criminal operation - one as the leader of the criminal group, the other four as participants.
According to the investigators, the group acted in Sofia, mainly on the territory of the Lyulin district. Up to now, there are more than 10 apartments taken illegally.
There is evidence that the group has also engaged in other illegal activities.
More than 30 addresses were searched, as well as motor vehicles.
At the moment, three people are in custody. One is under a financial guarantee because he has fully cooperated with the investigation. No "detention on remand" has been taken for the fifth, but is awaiting a decision from the Special Criminal Court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying