France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
French will pay national tribute to Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame, who swapped places with a hostage during the deadly attacks in the southern French department of Aude, and later died of sustained wounds, the Elysee Palace said instatement, Sputnik reported.
Earlier in the day, French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said that the gendarme had died of wounds sustained during the recent hostage crisis in the town of Trebes.
“President of the Republic [Emmanuel Macron] decided that national honors will be paid to Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame who gave his life to defend our citizens,” the Saturday statement read.
French Police Arrest Second Person Associated With Trebes Attack - Reports.
The decision was made following a French Security Council meeting earlier on Saturday.
- » Silva Zurleva Died
- » Roxette Vocalist Marie Fredriksson Died at 61
- » Bulgarian Theater Legend Stoyanka Mutafova Died at the Age of 97
- » Bulgarian Cinema Legend Stefan Danailov Died at the Age of 76
- » The Great-Grandson of Louis Vuitton Died in France
- » Former French President Jacques Chirac Has Died Aged 86