More than 20 People were Injured in Protests in Catalonia
More than 20 people were injured in clashes between demonstrators and police in the Catalonia region of Spain during protests, news agencies reported.
Many Catalans went to the streets after yesterday the Spanish Supreme Court decided to sue 25 of the former district leaders who took measures to declare the independence of the area in the autumn of last year. They are accused of rebellion, abuse and disobedience. If convicted they would be threaten to serve 30 years in prison.
Among them is former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who escaped to Belgium in late October and is still there. Yesterday, international and European arrest warrants were issued for Puigdemont and five of his escorts who also fled the country.
- » The Body of One of Two Kids who Disappeared into the Sea near Varna was Recovered
- » 22 Children Dead in Nile Boat Accident
- » Bus Crash in Ecuador Kills 24 People, Injures 19
- » Huge Motorway Bridge Collapses in Italy 'Killing at Least 10' (Video)
- » Boardwalk Collapses in Spanish City During Concert, 313 Hurt
- » Four People Drowned in Burgas Area in Three Days