More than 20 People were Injured in Protests in Catalonia
More than 20 people were injured in clashes between demonstrators and police in the Catalonia region of Spain during protests, news agencies reported.
Many Catalans went to the streets after yesterday the Spanish Supreme Court decided to sue 25 of the former district leaders who took measures to declare the independence of the area in the autumn of last year. They are accused of rebellion, abuse and disobedience. If convicted they would be threaten to serve 30 years in prison.
Among them is former Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who escaped to Belgium in late October and is still there. Yesterday, international and European arrest warrants were issued for Puigdemont and five of his escorts who also fled the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: Possibility of Secondary Explosion at “Arsenal” Weapons Factory, 2 Women are still Missing
- » Bulgaria: Explosions at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory in Kazanlak – Casualties reported
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia