Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
A state of emergency has been declared in the municipality of Vidin due to heaped-up snow and icy conditions, Mayor Ognyan Tsenkov said at a meeting on the situation in the area.
Due to snowdrifts, the snow has not been cleared from the roads to many communities across the municipality, he said, quoted by FOCUS Radio. In Vidin city, the main streets were cleared and the machines are entering into the neighbourhoods. During the meeting, it was reported that the streets in the local villages have not been cleared.
The power supply remains normal, except an interruption for the main water pumping station which has been replaced by a backup pump. The mayor ordered the provision of additional equipment to clear the roads and streets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny and Warm
- » Weather Forecast: Windy with Maximum Temperatures between 10C and 15C
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny
- » Code Yellow Warning for Hazardous Weather in 4 Bulgarian Regions
- » Weather Forecast: Broken Clouds with Maximum Temperatures between 4C and 9C
- » NIMH: Code Yellow and Code Orange Warning for Dangerous Weather in Place in 16 Bulgarian Regions