Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
A state of emergency has been declared in the municipality of Vidin due to heaped-up snow and icy conditions, Mayor Ognyan Tsenkov said at a meeting on the situation in the area.
Due to snowdrifts, the snow has not been cleared from the roads to many communities across the municipality, he said, quoted by FOCUS Radio. In Vidin city, the main streets were cleared and the machines are entering into the neighbourhoods. During the meeting, it was reported that the streets in the local villages have not been cleared.
The power supply remains normal, except an interruption for the main water pumping station which has been replaced by a backup pump. The mayor ordered the provision of additional equipment to clear the roads and streets.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Temperatures From 23C to 28C
- » California Bans Leather and Fur Products
- » Experts from more than 10 Countries Discussed the Prevention of Forest Fires at a Two-Day Conference in Sofia
- » The MoEW Does NOT Negotiate with Italy for the Import of Waste from Rome
- » A 4.3 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in the Aegean Sea near Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Clouds to Decrease