Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
A state of emergency has been declared in the municipality of Vidin due to heaped-up snow and icy conditions, Mayor Ognyan Tsenkov said at a meeting on the situation in the area.
Due to snowdrifts, the snow has not been cleared from the roads to many communities across the municipality, he said, quoted by FOCUS Radio. In Vidin city, the main streets were cleared and the machines are entering into the neighbourhoods. During the meeting, it was reported that the streets in the local villages have not been cleared.
The power supply remains normal, except an interruption for the main water pumping station which has been replaced by a backup pump. The mayor ordered the provision of additional equipment to clear the roads and streets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills