Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
A state of emergency has been declared in the municipality of Vidin due to heaped-up snow and icy conditions, Mayor Ognyan Tsenkov said at a meeting on the situation in the area.
Due to snowdrifts, the snow has not been cleared from the roads to many communities across the municipality, he said, quoted by FOCUS Radio. In Vidin city, the main streets were cleared and the machines are entering into the neighbourhoods. During the meeting, it was reported that the streets in the local villages have not been cleared.
The power supply remains normal, except an interruption for the main water pumping station which has been replaced by a backup pump. The mayor ordered the provision of additional equipment to clear the roads and streets.
- » Mostly Sunshine, Almost no Rain Today in Bulgaria
- » Variable Clouds Over the Country, Highs Between 2°C and 7°C
- » Cloudy Skies over East and Mountain Areas, Snow in Northeast Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian App Measures Harmful Emissions of Each Car Journey
- » Difficult Road Conditions in Southwest Bulgaria because of Snow
- » There will be no Snow for Christmas in Bulgaria, Predicts a Climatologist