Vidin Municipality Declares Emergency on Snowdrifts
A state of emergency has been declared in the municipality of Vidin due to heaped-up snow and icy conditions, Mayor Ognyan Tsenkov said at a meeting on the situation in the area.
Due to snowdrifts, the snow has not been cleared from the roads to many communities across the municipality, he said, quoted by FOCUS Radio. In Vidin city, the main streets were cleared and the machines are entering into the neighbourhoods. During the meeting, it was reported that the streets in the local villages have not been cleared.
The power supply remains normal, except an interruption for the main water pumping station which has been replaced by a backup pump. The mayor ordered the provision of additional equipment to clear the roads and streets.
- » India Warns of 'Extremely Grave' Crisis as Flood Toll Rises
- » Scientists Detail Full Genome of Wheat for First Time
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with some Rain and Thunder in West Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria will have Good Grape Harvest if Weather Remains Hot
- » Mostly Sunny with Nearly Unchanged Temperatures, Highs of 30-35°C
- » Brace for Extra-warm Weather through 2022