Borisov: We will not Recall Bulgarian Diplomats from Russia
While there is a "high probability", but there is no hard evidence, we can not discuss the recall of Bulgarian diplomats from Russia. This was stated by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on the occasion of the decision of the European Union to support the assessment of Britain that Russia is responsible for the attack with a neuropathic substance against the former Russian spy Sergei Scripal and his daughter Julia.
"We understand Theresa May's allegations of the" high probability "that the Russian Federation stands behind this attack," Borisov commented. "Yesterday I asked for more evidence - from" high probability "to become" full probability ", Borisov said
He also pointed out that United Patriots' coalition partners would not support the withdrawal of Bulgarian diplomats from Moscow.
"We all believe in Britain's position, but when there is an explanation there is also another explanation," Borisov said. He expressed concern that the dismissal of the EU ambassador to Moscow for consultations would cause further deterioration in relations between the two parties.
"I expect very rapid tensions in the coming weeks, because many countries will start to recall their ambassadors too," Borisov said.
In his view, however, it is important that, despite Brexit, the EU and the UK show unity.
"At the moment we are at a time which is much more difficult than the Cold War. There were very clear dividing lines during the Cold War, now the attitude of everyone is so sharp, so firm that I am not optimistic about the peaceful development of the world. In time when it is widely accepted to recall diplomats, will not lead to more peace, tranquility and understanding, "said Boyko Borissov.
At the meeting of the leaders of the European countries he made his remarks and told British Prime Minister Theresa May that caution should be exercised.
"Saddam Hussein was accused with the use of chemical weapon, then Tony Blair apologized, and the aftermaths to this day are monstrous," Borisov explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured