Severe Clashes with the Police during the Nationwide Strike in France
The nationwide strike in France has ended clashes with severe clashes with the police and vandalism. The trade union protest was due to reforms in the pension system and state railways.
Tens of thousands of public sector employees voiced their disagreement with the planned layoffs of teachers and staff in state hospitals. Many students from the upper classes joined them.
The railroad workers have been protesting because of unpopular government measures to rehabilitate the national railway company.
Demonstrations and processions took place all over the country, with police using tear gas in many places, added the BBC.
- » National Forum "With Eyes Open for All" under the Auspices of UNICEF Is Held in Sofia
- » Rumen Radev: Defending National Interests Requires a Profound Transformation of the Defence System
- » Pope Francis Visits Thailand
- » Scientists Discovered Water Vapors on Jupiter's Moon Europe
- » 6.3 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Mexico
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy with Maximum Temperatures between 13C and 18C