Macedonian MPs Are Visiting Bulgaria
A delegation of the Macedonia-Bulgaria Friendship Group has met in Sofia with President of the Bulgarian National Assembly, Tsveta Karayancheva.
This visit is of historical importance as the friendship groups of the parliaments of Bulgaria and Macedonia met today for the first time after 11 years of pause.
The delegation was led by Parliament Deputy Speaker Frosina Tasevska - Remenski, met with members of the Friendship Group Bulgaria - Macedonia at the 44th National Assembly.
Historical debates should not be an obstacle to debates about the common future, the Deputy Speaker of the Macedonian Assembly said. According to her, the two countries share many common things in history that should not divide us, but they have to be a lesson - to correct the mistakes and build bridges for cooperation as our citizens and the EU expect.
She expressed hope during the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU Council, Macedonia to receive an invitation to start accession negotiations with the Union.
Macedonian MPs invited their Bulgarian counterparts from the Friendship Group with Macedonia to visit the parliament in Skopje. Spas Gurnevski / GERB / gave the guests a book with a wish for a long and joint European way.
"Relations between Bulgaria and Macedonia have entered into a new era, in which we finally need to build the infrastructure between our two countries; complete Corridor No. 8; open new border crossing points; build railways and start trading from the Black to the Adriatic sea, as it will be beneficial to Bulgaria, Macedonia, and Albania," Boris Vangelov, chairman of the Friendship Group with Macedonia of the Bulgarian National Assembly said.
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov in Thessaloniki: There is no Better Place than the European Union
- » Premier Boyko Borissov to Participate at Thessaloniki Summit 2018
- » Bulgaria’s PM Held Bilateral Meetings with PMs of Serbia and Montenegro
- » Bulgaria’s PM Borisov Met with his Macedonian Counterpart Zaev
- » Struma Motorway in Sandanski-Kresna Section Will be Opened in Early December
- » Village near Chicago Signs Friendship Agreement with Bulgarian City Pernik