18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
2017 was good for Bulgarian aviation, with a significant increase of the passengers transported by about 18 per cent. A total of 11,500 thousand passengers were transported by regular and charter flights to and from Bulgaria during the past year. This is what Svetoslav Stanulov, Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines, said at the 16th Annual Meeting of the Air Carriers in Bulgaria.
He specified that this growth was mainly due to low-cost carriers, especially for Sofia Airport. The largest growth in international regular services is the largest and the share of charter flights is decreasing, he said. By international flights from and to Sofia the growth of passengers is 29 per cent, and to and from Varna and Burgas - 6 per cent.
At Sofia Airport they have passed 6.5 million (over 56 per cent), passengers, and in Varna and Burgas - 4.9 million passengers, or about 43 per cent of the total transported during the year.
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y