18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
2017 was good for Bulgarian aviation, with a significant increase of the passengers transported by about 18 per cent. A total of 11,500 thousand passengers were transported by regular and charter flights to and from Bulgaria during the past year. This is what Svetoslav Stanulov, Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines, said at the 16th Annual Meeting of the Air Carriers in Bulgaria.
He specified that this growth was mainly due to low-cost carriers, especially for Sofia Airport. The largest growth in international regular services is the largest and the share of charter flights is decreasing, he said. By international flights from and to Sofia the growth of passengers is 29 per cent, and to and from Varna and Burgas - 6 per cent.
At Sofia Airport they have passed 6.5 million (over 56 per cent), passengers, and in Varna and Burgas - 4.9 million passengers, or about 43 per cent of the total transported during the year.
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike
- » Total Number of the Nights Spent in All Accommodation Establishments Registered in July 2019 Was 5 952.1 Thousand
- » Emergency Landing of a Finnair Plane Due to the Death of a Passenger on Board
- » British Airways Pilots Launched a 48-Hour Strike
- » Saudi Arabia Is Opening to Tourists