18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
2017 was good for Bulgarian aviation, with a significant increase of the passengers transported by about 18 per cent. A total of 11,500 thousand passengers were transported by regular and charter flights to and from Bulgaria during the past year. This is what Svetoslav Stanulov, Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines, said at the 16th Annual Meeting of the Air Carriers in Bulgaria.
He specified that this growth was mainly due to low-cost carriers, especially for Sofia Airport. The largest growth in international regular services is the largest and the share of charter flights is decreasing, he said. By international flights from and to Sofia the growth of passengers is 29 per cent, and to and from Varna and Burgas - 6 per cent.
At Sofia Airport they have passed 6.5 million (over 56 per cent), passengers, and in Varna and Burgas - 4.9 million passengers, or about 43 per cent of the total transported during the year.
- » Croatian Airlines to Operate Flights to Sofia and Podgorica
- » Bulgaria Air Launches Direct Flights to Valencia
- » NSI: Total Number of Accommodation Establishments in Bulgaria Increased by 1.4%
- » Flights from Sofia to Munich and Dusseldorf Cancelled due to Storm Ciara
- » Turkish Airlines Will Start Operating Flights to Equatorial Guinea
- » Turkey is Catching up with Spain on Tourism Revenue