18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
2017 was good for Bulgarian aviation, with a significant increase of the passengers transported by about 18 per cent. A total of 11,500 thousand passengers were transported by regular and charter flights to and from Bulgaria during the past year. This is what Svetoslav Stanulov, Chairman of the Association of Bulgarian Airlines, said at the 16th Annual Meeting of the Air Carriers in Bulgaria.
He specified that this growth was mainly due to low-cost carriers, especially for Sofia Airport. The largest growth in international regular services is the largest and the share of charter flights is decreasing, he said. By international flights from and to Sofia the growth of passengers is 29 per cent, and to and from Varna and Burgas - 6 per cent.
At Sofia Airport they have passed 6.5 million (over 56 per cent), passengers, and in Varna and Burgas - 4.9 million passengers, or about 43 per cent of the total transported during the year.
- » Over 7,800 Seasonal Workers from non-EU Countries have Worked in Bulgarian Tourism in 2018
- » Over 340,000 Tourists From Great Britain have Visited Bulgaria Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service: Mountain Travellers Should Start Using Winter Gear
- » Nine Bulgarian Municipalities will Present their Tourism Potential at a Meeting between Businesses and State
- » Turkey Opens World's Largest Airport (Video)
- » Bulgarian Trips Abroad Increase 11% YoY in September 2018