The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested
The GDBOP neutralizes an organized criminal group for human trafficking across the border, the press center of the Ministry of Interior announced. 18 criminals have been detained, 7 of them have been charged. They are Bulgarian, Turkish and Syrian citizens.
Five perpetrators have been subjected to a permanent detention order, and to two others a "precautionary measure".
The operation was conducted on 17 March by GDBOP officers in Haskovo, Kardzhali and Sofia under the direction of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office. 15 addresses have been searched in Haskovo and Godech district as well as two cars. Multiple mobile phones, SIM cards, money and other items have been seized.
- » The Police Discovered more than 3,500 Counterfeit Items in Haskovo
- » Owners of EU-funded Guest Houses in Bulgaria to Return BGN 4.5 Million
- » The Mass Football Fans Fight in Bratislava (VIDEO)
- » Sofia with the Highest Number of Registered Crimes
- » Bulgarian Football Club Levski Supporters Arrested in Bratislava for Mass Fights
- » Record Amount of Marihuana Was Discovered near the Seaside Town Pomorie