Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues
Ticha dam in the Shumen region (North Bulgaria) is overflowing at a rate of 10 cubic metres per second. The controlled release of water continues via the spillway, discharging 18 cubic meters / sec. The levels of Kamchia and Vrana rivers in which the dam is inflowed are low and can absorb the large amount of water.
The district administration said that no major surge is expected, and there is no risk to the population. However, monitoring at the critical points continues.
Kulnovo dam is overflowing at a rate of minimum 0.5 cubic metres of water per second. At the same time, the reservoir is drained by 0.4 cubic metres per second. The water from the dam goes into a gully which is well cleaned.
There is a free volume at Novi Pazar 1 dam, but controlled release began.
- » Bulgarian President Vetoes Part of Amendments to State Property Act
- » The Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency Launches Public Tender for Technical Projects for Road Works of 111 km
- » AFP: Bulgaria Urged to Save Communist-era Architectural 'Masterpiece' Buzludzha
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting