Man Dies after Getting Trapped in his Seat in the Cinema
A man whose head became wedged under the electronic footrest of a cinema seat has died.
In a statement from operator Vue International, the cinema said the man died on 16 March, a week after the incident.
An investigation into the accident at the Vue cinema in Birmingham’s Star City leisure complex on 9 March is continuing. Sources quoted in the Birmingham Mail described how the “freak” accident happened after the man bent down to retrieve a phone, dropped between Gold Class seats, at the end of a movie. The victim, who was with his partner, was only freed after the footrest was broken by those trying to help.
West Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed it was called to reports of a patient in cardiac arrest. Crews managed to restart the man’s heart and he was taken to the city’s Heartlands Hospital.
In a statement, Vue International said: “Following an incident which took place on Friday 9 March at our Birmingham cinema, we can confirm that a customer was taken to hospital that evening. We are saddened to learn that he passed away on Friday 16 March.”
“A full investigation into the nature of the incident is ongoing. Our thoughts and condolences are with the family who have our full support and assistance.”
Birmingham City Council has begun a health and safety investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"