Facebook Loses Nearly $50 Billion In Value
The privacy scandal rocking Facebook has cost the social media company nearly billion in market value over the past two days.
Facebook shares tumbled 6.8 percent Monday and another 2.56 percent Tuesday after news of the Cambridge Analytica data breach. The Facebook stock price is currently at 8.15.
At the end of last week Facebook’s market value was 7.69 billion. At the end of Tuesday it was at 8.48 billion.
The two-day rout is the worst since July 2012. That is the year that Facebook went public at a share.
- » Canada Becomes First Major Economy to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China