EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
European Union municipalities will today apply for European funding for wireless internet. The goal of the project to promote citizens' connectivity through the Internet is by 2025 to provide public services - municipal administrations, libraries and hospitals - with free Internet access.
he total budget of the initiative, which is led by the team of Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabriel, is EUR 120 million. Approved municipalities will receive 15 thousand euros.
The project will also allow small municipalities in Bulgaria to be spotted throughout Europe. Over the next 3 years, the initiative will provide Internet access to more than 8,000 local communities throughout the Union.
- » Belgrade Opened Headquarters of the Transport Community for Southeast Europe
- » Food and Drug Shortages - the Worst Case Scenario For Brexit Without a Deal
- » Greece Creates Two New "Transit" Migrant Camps
- » Ursula von der Leyen Approved the List of Proposals For New Commissioners
- » New Debate and Voting on the Brexit Saga
- » The EU Has Opened a Register of Terrorism Cases