The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
Rising electricity, natural gas and water prices to be appealed by citizens. National Ombudsman Maya Manolova turned to the Constitutional Court with such a request, reports Darik.
Under the current Energy Act, the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission approves limit values for the supply of heat and electricity, natural gas and water, but consumers can not appeal these decisions because they are not legally affected.
Judicial practice, according to the Ombudsman's team, shows that people are thus being subjected to illegal decisions by the EWRC.
The problem can be solved by editing texts of the Energy Act, Maya Manolova also believes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet