The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
About 500 000 leva are the damages caused by the hurricane wind during the weekend in Vratsa, show the preliminary calculations of the municipality. It is expected on Wednesday that the government will allocate such an amount to the municipality, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov promised on Monday.
However, the state budget will only be for public buildings and infrastructure. Voluntary help from construction companies and private business donations will be sought for the victims of private homes, Vratsa mayor Kalin Kamenov told bTV.
In the coming days, residents with the homes in worst condition will be helped, the mayor said, adding that they are aiming for it to happen as soon as possible due to forecasts of worsening weather at the end of the week. At the moment these houses are secured and the roofs are covered with nylons.
According to the mayor, there is readiness for injured citizens to be housed in municipal properties, but for now there are no people willing to do so. The municipality has the opportunity to grant up to 2000 leva to the victims. Serious repairs, however, will be possible after donations from the business.
According to Kamenov, Kulla quarter in Vratsa is most affected, where there is almost no house without damage from the wind, whose gust exceeded 160 km per hour. The roofs of five of the houses in this part of the city were "flying sailboats".
The Mayor pointed out that all the dams in the area are currently being monitored, so as to prevent flooding.
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » The New Week in Bulgaria Begins with Sun, after that there will be Rain in some Places
- » Massive Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village as Residents are Evacuated
- » Scientists Find Hidden Rainforest on top of an African Mountain
- » Sunny in the Morning, Showers and Thunder Forecast Later in East Bulgaria
- » Emergency Departments in Bulgaria Received over 150 Flood Signals for the last 24 Hours