The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
A high-level delegate meeting of the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructure (ESFRI) will be held in Sofia on 19 - 21 March 2018. The meeting will take place in Bulgaria for the first time. It will take important decisions on science development and the future of digital Europe in the next programming period 2021-2027.
The ESFRI delegates will discuss the landmarks projects listed in the ESFRI Roadmap 2008. The nominations are made by the Executive Board of ESFRI following the advice from the Strategic Working Group Chairs Dr Gelsomina Pappalardo (Italy), Dr Jacques Dubucs, Dr Gabriela Pastori (UK), Dr Harald Bolt (Germany), Prof. Jose Luis Martinez-Pena, and Prof. Ana Proykova (Bulgaria), all delegates of their countries to ESFRI.
The ESFRI is a strategic tool of the European Commission to develop the scientific integration of Europe and to strengthen its international outreach. The competitive and open access to high quality research infrastructures supports and benchmarks the quality of the activities of European scientists, and attracts the best researchers from around the world. The ESFRI's delegates are nominated by research ministers of the EU Member and Associated Countries and include a Commission representative. Jean-David Malo, Director and Ales Fiala, Head of Unit Research Infrastructures, DG Research and Innovation will participate in the meeting in Sofia.
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid
- » Bulgaria's Path towards ERM II Participation
- » European Parliament and Commission Divided on National Parks in Bulgaria
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva: The Netherlands and France do not Let Bulgaria in the Schengen Zone
- » Bulgaria Makes Bank Pledges in Bid to Join Euro Waiting Room
- » Prime Minister Borisov will Receive the European Personality of the Year Award in Sarajevo