The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
A high-level delegate meeting of the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructure (ESFRI) will be held in Sofia on 19 - 21 March 2018. The meeting will take place in Bulgaria for the first time. It will take important decisions on science development and the future of digital Europe in the next programming period 2021-2027.
The ESFRI delegates will discuss the landmarks projects listed in the ESFRI Roadmap 2008. The nominations are made by the Executive Board of ESFRI following the advice from the Strategic Working Group Chairs Dr Gelsomina Pappalardo (Italy), Dr Jacques Dubucs, Dr Gabriela Pastori (UK), Dr Harald Bolt (Germany), Prof. Jose Luis Martinez-Pena, and Prof. Ana Proykova (Bulgaria), all delegates of their countries to ESFRI.
The ESFRI is a strategic tool of the European Commission to develop the scientific integration of Europe and to strengthen its international outreach. The competitive and open access to high quality research infrastructures supports and benchmarks the quality of the activities of European scientists, and attracts the best researchers from around the world. The ESFRI's delegates are nominated by research ministers of the EU Member and Associated Countries and include a Commission representative. Jean-David Malo, Director and Ales Fiala, Head of Unit Research Infrastructures, DG Research and Innovation will participate in the meeting in Sofia.
- » Bulgaria Latest Emerging European Country to Pull Out of UN Migration Deal
- » Monitoring for Bulgaria Under CVM may be Concluded before the End of EC Mandate
- » Ognian Zlatev, EC in Bulgaria: EC Monitoring Reports are not a Whim but a Necessary Mechanism for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Council of Ministers: EC Report under CVM is Objective, we Continue with Reforms
- » The EC Partially Suspends Monitoring of Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Region is the EU Leader in Road Accident Casualties, Another One is in the Top Five