About 30,000 People in Europe Are Potentially Part of Terrorist Communities', Rob Wainwright Europol Director
,,About 30,000 people in Europe are potentially part of terrorist communities'', Rob Wainwright Europol director told bTV. According to him, Bulgaria and all countries in Europe are threatened by terrorism.
"Things are not that clear. These people are inspired, but are not subordinate to an "Islamic state," Wainwright said. The main threats against Europe today are very complex - there is an explosion of terrorist activity in recent years, there are cyber threats and many groups that resemble mafias in many countries, the Europol director added.
He commented on the attack in Sarafovo years ago: "This was one of the most important cases in the history of terrorism in which Europol cooperated. The Bulgarian authorities gave us full access, we managed to do much in the investigation. "
- » Marines Are Practicing A Little-Used Tactic In Eastern Europe
- » Bulgarian Parliament Voted for Two New Naval Vessels
- » Bulgaria Expects this Year to Reach Defense Spending Equal to 1.56% of GDP
- » The Mission of the 36th Bulgarian Military Contingent in Afghanistan has Began
- » Trump Claims Victory after Forcing NATO Crisis Talks
- » NATO Insists Georgia will Join, Despite Separatist Challenge