Water in the Village of Kazanka is Checked For Uranium
On March 19, between 7:00 and 8:00 hours, the director of Metropolitan Regional Health Inspectorate (RZI)- Stara Zagora, Dr. Zlatina Naneva, will be in the center of the village of Kazanka in connection with the established overweight content of natural uranium in drinking water.
There are about 100 people living in the village of Kazanka. Since yesterday, they have been deeply worried about the news of uranium overweight in two of the watercourses, the municipality said. People say their water was the best in the area before.
Natural uranium in the two wells was discovered after analyzes at a laboratory of the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed in Botswana
- » How to Prepare for Vacation in Bulgaria?
- » Overfishing Poses Serious Hazard to Black Sea Fish Populations
- » Greece Sets Daring Experiment – Whole Aegean Island Goes Completely Green
- » European Environment Agency Released Beaches and Bathing Water Ranking: Where Is Bulgaria?
- » Iceberg Larger Than Majorca Broke off from Northern Edge of Antarctica