International Architecture Forum at the National Palace of Culture Dedicated to the Western Balkans
An international architectural forum is held in the National Palace of Culture within the framework of the Bulgarian Euro-Presidency. It is devoted to the integration of the Western Balkans.
Problems with urbanization, migration and motorization are among the main topics of the forum. Everyone agreed that the movement of labor from small to big cities led to overbuilding and to overburdening the streets with cars. This was also the thesis of the chief architect of Sofia, Zdravko Zdravkov.
He explained that the competition for development and improvement of the new pedestrian zone is already underway, as it extends to Vitosha Blvd and reaches Sveta Nedelya church. One of the requirements is that it will not have any access to cars and that the park landscaping is widely covered. Zdravkov also said that the issue of high-rise construction in Sofia will soon be resolved.
- » The EC has Warned Bulgaria to Comply with th Green Laws
- » Bulgaria to Formally Apply to Join EU's Banking Union
- » GERB Leader: I am Convinced that Austria and Romania will Continue the Key Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency
- » Bulgaria Entered a Schengen Mode for the Eurozone Too
- » ECB Could take more than One Tear to Assess Bulgaria's Banking Union Bid
- » Bulgaria's Path towards ERM II Participation