People in Bourgas are Protesting Against the Air Pollution in the City
Residents of Bourgas today gather again in protest against the dirty air, BNR reported. The occasion was another case just a week ago, when dozens of citizens of Burgas were reporting unpleasant smells to the Regional Environmental Inspectorate and in the municipality. The protest will take place in the central square of Burgas.
Since the beginning of the year, this has been the second such protest. The organizers from the Ecological Network invited representatives of the Ecology Directorate in the municipality as well as the management of the Regional Environmental Inspectorate, said Stoyan Grozev, president of the Association
This week, a meeting between the mayor of the city Dimitar Nikolov, the leadership of the Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Waters, presidents of the two companies - Kronospan and Lukoil - who are referred as the main air pollutants and protesters once again were dissapointed that the institutions can not to determine the source of the pollution to the city.
The Kronospan woodworking company undertook to purchase a 24-hour monitoring station for fine particulate matter.
- » Giant Meteorite Crater Bigger Than Paris Found Beneath Greenland’s Ice Sheet
- » Bulgaria Will Propose to UNWTO and UNESCO to Create a Global Route of Ancient Civilisations
- » Two Strong Earthquakes Were Recorded Today in the Ionian Sea
- » Lost Disney Film Showing Mickey Mouse's Predecessor Found in Japan
- » Today is the International Day Without Smoking
- » It Will Remain Considerably Cloudy Today, with Light Rain