Russia to Expel 23 British Diplomats and Closes British General Consulate in St. Petersburg
Russia announced that 23 British diplomats are now "persona non grata" and gave them a week to leave the country and also to close the British General Consulate in St. Petersburg, FOCUS quoted TASS as saying.
"They are proclaimed" persona non grata "and 23 expatriate diplomats from the British Embassy from Moscow are expelled within one week. The violation of the principle of equivalence in the number of consular offices of the two countries is acknowledged, Russia's consent to the opening and functioning of the UK Consulate General in St. Petersburg. The relevant procedures will be implemented in accordance with international law, " says the official statement of the Russian MFA said.
Russia has summoned the British ambassador to Laurie Bristow in his foreign ministry for the second time this week, France's press reports. "The British ambassador has been called to the MFA," the ministry said. Bristow was summoned on Tuesday for the scandal linked to the poisoning of former Russian secret agent Sergei Scripal in England.
- » Former Trump Advisor will Unite European Populists
- » Political Analyst: BSP’s Vision for Bulgaria Project is a Good Move
- » Aleksandar Vucic: Serbia has Surpassed Bulgaria and has Better Standard of Living
- » Sofia's Electronic Ticket System in Public Transport will Cost over BGN 73 Million
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year