The North Korean Foreign Minister Arrived in Sweden
North Korea's foreign minister arrived in Sweden for talks on Thursday, with a two-day visit, according to FOCUS News Agency.
Minister Ri Yong-ho landed at Arlanda Airport in Stockholm before boarding a diplomatic car without giving any statements to the media.
Pyongyang's first diplomat will hold talks with his Swedish counterpart, Margot Wallström, as the media notes that Sweden plays the role of a defender of US interests in North Korea. The official announcement by the Swedish MFA is that the two diplomats will discuss the "consular responsibilities of Sweden as a defender of the interests of the United States, Australia and Canada" in North Korea and the "Korean Peninsula Security Situation" will also be discussed.
Earlier, the Swedish prime minister said his country is ready to play the role of host for the meeting between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump. Prime Minister Stefan Löfven stressed in front of local media about his country's role as a "guarantor" of US interests in North Korea under an agreement allowing Washington to use the Swedish Embassy in Pyongyang for diplomatic purposes. According to Löfven, the fact that Sweden has a representation in North Korea since the 1970s has "established a connection with Pyongyang in which they feel they can trust us"
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Biden will also Discuss the Crisis in Ukraine with Radev and Consider a NATO-Russia Meeting
- » The Biden-Putin Video Meeting: Two Hours of Mutual Warnings
- » The United States has Confirmed that it will Launch a Diplomatic Boycott of the Beijing Olympics
- » Bulgaria was represented at a Christmas Concert of the EU Delegation to Canada
- » At a Bilateral Meeting, Blinken and Lavrov Exchanged Threats and Hopes
- » World Leaders Bid their Farewell to Merkel