About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
We expect the sum of the winter tourist season in Bulgaria to be 1.2 million foreign tourists entering Bulgaria. There was a drop in ski tourism in early January due to the warm weather. Ski tourists will be about 190 thousand, with more than half of them in Bansko. This was pointed out by Rumen Draganov from the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Assessments in front of Bloomberg TV Bulgaria.
As far as Bansko is concerned, there are about 360 thousand overnight stays, which is a growth of 17%. This means that on average there were 6 thousand tourists, which means under ¼ occupancy of the bed base - 20-22%. This is average seasonal employment, these figures being low, but there is an increase compared to previous years.
This, according to Draganov, is due to the lack of alternative products such as culinary tourism, extreme tourism, etc.
During the Easter holidays, a large influx of Romanian tourists on the Black Sea coast is expected, where around 40 hotels will operate.
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y
- » Increasing Number of Chinese Tourists will Come to Varna