About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
We expect the sum of the winter tourist season in Bulgaria to be 1.2 million foreign tourists entering Bulgaria. There was a drop in ski tourism in early January due to the warm weather. Ski tourists will be about 190 thousand, with more than half of them in Bansko. This was pointed out by Rumen Draganov from the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Assessments in front of Bloomberg TV Bulgaria.
As far as Bansko is concerned, there are about 360 thousand overnight stays, which is a growth of 17%. This means that on average there were 6 thousand tourists, which means under ¼ occupancy of the bed base - 20-22%. This is average seasonal employment, these figures being low, but there is an increase compared to previous years.
This, according to Draganov, is due to the lack of alternative products such as culinary tourism, extreme tourism, etc.
During the Easter holidays, a large influx of Romanian tourists on the Black Sea coast is expected, where around 40 hotels will operate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hospitality Industry: Entry Visas for Russian Tourists Will Save Tourism Season in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians Are Divided on Vaccination Passports – Gallup International
- » Bulgaria: Tourism Season in Peril, Hotels Bookings Being Cancelled En Masse
- » Thirteen EU Member States Reach Agreement on Vaccination Passport, Bulgaria Among Them
- » Airlines Lash out at UK Government over Travel Restrictions
- » UK's Boris Johnson Hopes International Travel to Restart from Mid-May