About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
We expect the sum of the winter tourist season in Bulgaria to be 1.2 million foreign tourists entering Bulgaria. There was a drop in ski tourism in early January due to the warm weather. Ski tourists will be about 190 thousand, with more than half of them in Bansko. This was pointed out by Rumen Draganov from the Institute for Tourism Analysis and Assessments in front of Bloomberg TV Bulgaria.
As far as Bansko is concerned, there are about 360 thousand overnight stays, which is a growth of 17%. This means that on average there were 6 thousand tourists, which means under ¼ occupancy of the bed base - 20-22%. This is average seasonal employment, these figures being low, but there is an increase compared to previous years.
This, according to Draganov, is due to the lack of alternative products such as culinary tourism, extreme tourism, etc.
During the Easter holidays, a large influx of Romanian tourists on the Black Sea coast is expected, where around 40 hotels will operate.
- » Over 7,800 Seasonal Workers from non-EU Countries have Worked in Bulgarian Tourism in 2018
- » Over 340,000 Tourists From Great Britain have Visited Bulgaria Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service: Mountain Travellers Should Start Using Winter Gear
- » Nine Bulgarian Municipalities will Present their Tourism Potential at a Meeting between Businesses and State
- » Turkey Opens World's Largest Airport (Video)
- » Bulgarian Trips Abroad Increase 11% YoY in September 2018