The Monument of Buzludzha is Among the Seven Most Endangered in Europe
The monument of Buzludja is among the seven most endangered cultural and historical sites in Europe, BNR reports. This was reported by the largest European non-governmental organization for the preservation of the cultural heritage "Europe Nostra", which has more than 250 associations from 47 countries.
The president of "Europe Nostra" world famous tenor Placido Domingo defines the monument of Buzludzha as an exclusive treasure of Europe. Its entry into the ranking guarantees the sending of experts to Bulgaria, who will meet representatives of the state institutions responsible for the monument's conservation and then prepare a gratuitous rescue plan and present options for financing the restoration of the monument but not directly.
The Regional Governor explained that work is being done to attract young specialists from construction and architecture universities in Bulgaria and abroad for technical scrutiny of the construction of the monument. There was already an interest in the idea. The opening of the monument is a long-term task related to big investments, but Buzludzha already has security provided, added BNR.
- » No Paid Parking Areas in Sofia During the Holidays
- » Border police: Heavy Outbound Traffic on Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » 6-km Traffic Jam on Hemus Highway before Vitinya Tunnel in Direction of Varna
- » Second Part of the Big Easter Holiday Trip in Bulgaria
- » Тhe Government Decided to Stop Working on the 'National Strategy For the Child'
- » Parliament Adopted a Bill for the Bulgarian Oilseed Rose